Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sharing Thoughts

I have thoughts. Lots of 'em. I know, I know, that's not a unique thing to say. However, I'm creating a blog for two reasons.

  1. I like typing and writing words. For as long as I can remember, expressing through words has always felt like my best creative outlet. I didn't pursue a career in the field of language (for either creative or serious writing), so this will be my way of fulfilling that desire to verbalize my thoughts. Hopefully in an interesting way.
  2. I don't want to boggle down my tumblr. I consider tumblr blog lite. It serves a similar purpose to a blog, but the focus is on images and short snippets of humor/wisdom/sarcasm/etc. If blogger was verbal, tumblr would be visual. True, verbal implies being spoken, but imagine this as the mind speaking in a way you can see. How's that for mixing up the senses?
Anyway, I'll keep the first blog brief. I'm new to the concept of blogging, but I've already dabbled in video editing, tumbling and even tweeting like a bird- to a lesser extent. Time to see if I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment